Wednesday, June 3, 2009

VIDEOS!

It's about time! I've done hypnosis in every conceivable place: bars, restaurants, streets, bookstores... But I've never done it on video, but I've been wanting to. Well, I finally did it. Started to, anyway. We had some technical difficulties with the sound the first time 'round. I'm looking forward to doing a lot more--I had a great time, and everybody I worked with really enjoyed it and felt great. Please check 'em out and tell me what you think. For you technically minded hypnotists: I used a very short and direct approach and equally short direct pretalk (the approach actually took longer!), a fairly quick induction, about a minute's deepeners, 2-3 fractionations, a very general suggestion to feel great and relaxed and so forth, and brought them back, and talked about the experience with them for a few minutes after. The entire experience averaged about six minutes each.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog!

    The first video is my favourite. Is it necessary to talk about the experience with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Is it necessary to talk about it after? Depends what you're doing. On occasion, when you're helping someone change a behavior, you might even give them a suggestion not to remember, so that the change has a chance to take root. In the case of these videos, they were just for fun, and the subjects were taken a little off guard by my approach, so I talk to them to make sure that they had a really good experience with no unanswered questions.

    ReplyDelete