Sunday, March 15, 2009

Do we have a subconscious mind?

As a hypnotist, I spend a lot of time working on the border between the conscious and subconscious mind. So much so, that I often forget that when I talk to someone about their "subconscious mind" that they may not have an entirely clear idea of what it is. Some folks have even wondered whether it exists at all. If you dive into it from the diving board of the Internet, you'll quickly find yourself swamped with all sorts of fascinating lore about it's mysterious powers, and it's place in mythology and philosophy. Not as easy to ferret out the useful, factual, accessible skinny on the other part of the mind. In the attached essay, you'll find my take on it. I hope it will clarify a few things. At the same time, I think that it will be useful to anyone coming from either a scientific point of view or a mystical one. (I may go back and revise this again, since I'm not sure I've completely hit the mark I aimed for. Please don't hesitate to give me feedback and questions. It'll help me make it a better essay!). Read the whole thing by clicking here (You'll be able to read it online, or download it as a PDF or word doc).

No comments:

Post a Comment